Friday, March 10, 2006

Day Before Vacation


Today is my last day in the office before a 10-day vacation, most of which is going to be spent in the state of my youth, Oklahoma. Now there isn't a great deal to see or do in Oklahhoma, unless, of course, there have been some vast improvements over the years that I am unaware of.

However, my mother and my sister still live there so it should be a good time. I have never just made a trip back by myself. I've actually only been back, well, this will be the third time in 12 years that I have been back to visit. Neither of the prior times was I on my own. I had at least my daughter with me, and the very last time I went, I had my husband with me. I wanted my mom and sister to at least meet the man I am married to. It just seemed strange somehow to be married to someone your family wouldn't even recognize if they came up and knocked on the door. But this trip, this one is for me. I want to see my Mom, since she's actually getting up there in years and have some time to talk to her and relax that I'm not having to worry about entertaining someone else. My sister just had a surgery so she'll be glad to have me there as a go-fer. ;) I don't mine either. For my part, I'll be glad to have a break from my everyday life and to see my family.

So that's it! Anyone reading this post, I wish you good friends, strong families and good times.

Az

No comments: