Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Oklahoma

I'm writing this post from the sofa of my Mom's house in Perry, Oklahoma. We are watching Harry Potter. I explained briefly the plot line as Part IV started and mom wanted to know how I got all of that from the 10 minutes the movie had been on. By the way, this is my Mommy:



She just put on her glasses to better see mad-eye Moody. :)

I have been so happy to be here and so very glad to have been able to come at a time when I was needed. The Goddess works in mysterious ways, and listening to the inner spidey sense is always a good thing. Since the beginning of the year I have felt like I needed to come and see my Mommy. The time-frame just worked out perfectly for me to come here when I was most needed. My sister just had a surgery on March 1, and my mom just got out of the hospital too. I have been able to help in what I consider small ways, but they are so glad I'm here. It really makes me feel good. I told my sister that I knew she would do the same for me.

It occurred to me while I was sitting in my little bedroom that you won't always get to visit your mother. There will come a time when that will no longer be possible - and there is really no other feeling or place like it in the world. A place where you can go and feel at home, or at least to a certain degree, no matter how old you get or how many miles separate you. So, I'm really enjoying my time here and will be coming back more frequently now that I know it's only going to cost $250 to get here and back.

So, that's what I've got to say about that. Mother is asleep now....Harry Potter has just gotten going good. She's nodding off.....oh well....nightie-night mommy. Your daughter is going to stay up and play on the Internet and work on her Web Page - concepts that you have no notion of, and really don't need to know about. You've lived your whole life without this computer stuff, and there is absolutely no need to crowd it in at this late date.

No comments: