Thursday, October 30, 2008

A few pics from the Husband's Birthday and Miscellaneous Ramblings

So we had a birthday party for Kristopher here at the house last Tuesday, and I didn't get any pics put up. I have some really good ones because Jaime was here and he's a great photographer. Unlike myself who sucks the big one! First we have a picture of Kristopher's cake. I thought it was really cute, and he picked it out for himself. We actually went to Albertson's together and he chose the spray on image and asked them to put the really cool pumpkin decoration on it. The pumpkin decoration absolutely MADE the cake. It looks super cute in this picture, but when you saw it in real life, it was like your glasses needed cleaning or something. Still it tasted good.

My husband acts like he doesn't like any of the corny shit like getting a birthday song sung for him or blowing out candles - but I gotta tell you...he did a pretty good job of acting like he was actually enjoying himself.



At the party were Beth and Marvin, Patricia Hedtke, Jian Lakerson, Jaime Forerro (thanks for the pics Jaime!) and Terry (Mom) and Kevin - and, of course, me. It was a nice little gathering and we had Papa John's pizza, a bunch of soda and cake and ice cream. Old-fashioned birthday. Mr. and Mrs. Frankenstein even had party hats on. While I was cutting the cake, we had a bit of a philosophical discussion about how cool it was to have your birthday so close to such a cool holiday as Halloween. Great to be close, but not exactly ON the day itself. If your birthday is on the 31st, you'll never be able to have just a regular birthday - it will always have to be a Halloween party. But if it's just close...say 10 days before - then you have the opportunity to either embrace all the Halloween kitch, or completely ignore it. So, again, it was decided that the little man had a good thing going with his birthday on Halloween. Here he is opening his card from his Mom.

There are a few more pics, but I think I'll stop here. Everyone had a pretty good time, and it was really cool to have an old school birthday. But my present to Kristopher didn't show up until the next day, and when it did . . . well, it didn't fit as well as it should have. But I did manage to get a picture of him in it before he took it off because it was pulling on his shoulders. Check out my baby in his giant onsie.

Of course it was really weird to not have Nick and Maggie around. This is the first year that they are in their new home in Yakima. We'll be seeing them for Turkey day, but I've been with Kristopher for 8 birthdays now, and I've never not seen Mr. Nick on that day. I know that Kristopher really missed him too. Things change - familes move apart...but that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Okay, that's it for now. Tomorrow is Halloween and I'm really looking forward to it. Quite a few people at the office are dressing for the occasion and I'm going to do my best to get some decent pictures. Hopefully I can get someone with a steady hand to take a few of me as well.

No comments: