Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Krikey! Where's the Friggin' Sudafed?


So I'm sitting here in my office after lunch in the protected, filtered air, and feeling pretty darn miserable. I may have to take my plump rump down the street and buy some allergy meds. **sigh** Oh well....

So not too much going on - I just find myself here on my lunch break without much to do. It's raining outside and I'm already all snuffly, so not really interested in going out and getting moreso. I'm gonna be doing something exciting here in a couple of nights. I'm going out to The Police concert with nmy friend Susan from work. I think we'll have a great time...too bad you can't take pictures at the concert. That would be a huge bummer to whip out a digital camera and have it confiscated. :( Not willing to risk that. I'll just have to buy the tee-shirt I guess. The tix are $90 each - and generally I'm very tight with my money, but as soon as I found out that Sting was actually playing with them in this wheezing revival tour, I thought what the hell? I listened to these guys all during my 20s, and I still find myself listening to their stuff even now that they are long-since broken up and haven't made a record together since the advent of the MP3 file. So, it seemed fitting. In fact, at the moment, I am playing all of The Police that my music service, Rhapsody, has to offer.

At the moment that song, "Don't Stand So Close to Me," is playing. Sting re-did that song in the late 80s and it was released on his disc called "The Singles" which I listened to 'til it was worn out (if such a thing is possible for a cd). Anyway, he really slowed that sucker down and it was haunting.

My husband read some reviews on this latest tour (you know...The Police : The search for more cash) and said that the drummer was quoted as saying they sucked and that they weren't together on anything and Sting's vocals were off. I guess they are getting their rehersals in on the big stage. I'm glad Seattle wasn't their first stop. I'm hoping they have their shit together by Thursday night. I'm sure it will be a good show and a memorable evening pretty much no matter what.

Okay...I'll let you know about the concert after. Right now, it's about time to get back to work. Ciao!

No comments: