Friday, June 08, 2007

STING....Oh my god!


Hello from Cloud 9 - cuz that's where I am right now. Last night's Police concert was awesome to the Nth degree. I don't have any pictures from the event because we went in stripped down and streamlined to avoid the physical search at the door. Plus, let's fact it, I forgot to bring my camera. Susan and I started out by spending about 5 minutes in my car "getting ready" at about 6:00. Then we walked over to T.J. McHugh's on Mercer and went into The Police beer garden. We had an average brat and a better than average beer. It was cool to be in a place where everyone there was going to the concert.

We went over to Key Arena after that, found our seats then wandered around and bought tshirts and blinkies. (and nachos, M&Ms and sodas). **grin** Then the opening band "FictionPlane" came out and they were so-so. I was mystified as to why The Police would choose a "Police WannaBe" band to open for them. Oh well. They were average at best. Making The Police shine all the brighter when they came out. Maybe THAT is the purpose.

Well, of course everyone went apeshit wild when they came out on stage. Our seats were in the nose-bleed section, but we didn't care...it was just wonderful to be there and feel the energy and know that you were seeing and hearing these guys live. At least for me that was the case. The tix were a bill each, and still it was nose bleed time. The seats on the floor were $200 if the little wierdo who was standing guard on our row was to be believed. The first song of the set was the high-energy Synchronicity and it just went on from there. These guys didn't confer with each other between songs or anything - they just went from one right into the other...it was fuckin' awesome. I would have very much liked to hear more talking from them, but what'reya gonna do? They weren't there to talk...they were there to play.

Their set went by in a flippin' blur of excitement; Roxanne, Walking on the Moon, Every Little Thing She Does is Magic, Spirits in the Material World, Lonely, Message in a Bottle and more...for the first encore, it was King of Pain, second encore, and thought I was gonna die on this one, Every Breath You Take....they actually did a THIRD encore, but I didn't recognize the song. Poor bastards probably just wanted to get off the stage by that point so thought if they played one of their B-side selections, the crowd would get the message. Anyway, what a grand and glorious time...makes me tear up just thinkin' about it. I felt like I was 20 years old again! And the audience was all over the place age-wise. People my age and 10 to 15 years older, and people in their early 20s, and maybe some of them not even in their 20s yet. It was really, really fun and it's something I'm going to remember for a long time to come. I have my ticket all posted on my bulletin board here at work, and I must be suffering from post-excitement disorder because I can't seem to get a flippin' thing done. I thought maybe if I went ahead and made a blog post it would alleviate a little of the excitement and I could get on with my day. That's the idea anyway.

Of course I'm sitting here with my Rhapsody channel playing and listening to Sting sing "Every Breath You Take" **sigh** Did you know that he was born on October 2, 1951? Geeeeezuz....not only was the show good, but it was also inspiring. It's fantastic to me that he is 56 years old, well, will be on his birthday this year, and he's still in the kind of condition it takes to put on a show like they did last night. The sum-bitch just isn't aging I tell ya! I think I'm gonna have to sign up for some yoga classes or somethin', cause honey...I am IMPRESSED! I had to play it down a bit when I went home last night because the poor little hubby didn't get to go. Not that he likes The Police or anything, but any live show that exciting is a hard thing to miss and then hear about later.

Okay! I'm gonna try to get some flippin work done. Software training and data collection seem so drab after that!

No comments: