Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Welcome to 2006


Wooo Hooo! It's 2006, and I think it's going to be a really great year. I woke up on New Year's Day and the first thought in my mind was the following:

2004 was a year for betrayal and pain
2005 was a year for coping and managing
2006 is going to be a year for healing and growing.

I feel like this was a message from the Goddess within, which is why I've chosen this image to post. I was going to write a blog entry about the New Year's party that Kristopher and I attended, which was held at our friends' Jaime and Melanie's house, and post a picture of my drunken husband standing beside his friend the host and another one where he appears to be finishing off a half-gallon of vodka, but I ultimately decided that I would share this story instead.

Maybe I'll post the drunk pictures later - but right now I feel like 2006 is going to be about something finer. It's going to be about spiritual and personal growth - it's going to be about wounds healing and becoming faint memories, it's going to be about helping people and giving attention to family and friends and spouses and children.

Blessed be to all who read this. I know it's corny, but fuck it....sometimes life just gets you all mushy inside.

Az

No comments: