Monday, May 25, 2009

Long time No See....

Can't believe it's been over two months since I posted to this blog! Ouch! Haven't been feeling too great and have been focusing on changing that - trying to eat right and take care of myself. Takes a lot of energy.

But I wanted to stick my head in and say things are going pretty good. This was the view from my couch last night, and it just doesn't get any sweeter than that. She is just over one month old, her name is Meara and she's my little granddaughter. Yep. I'm a Gammy.

Isn't she sweet? Well, she is. Anyway, that's pretty much all I wanted to say about that this morning. I have to get my biking clothes on and head out for a bike ride with a friend. Don't know how far I'll be able to ride as it will be the first time I've been on that bike in almost 2 years. I don't think I rode it a single time last season. I think I like the idea of having a bike more than riding the bike. Well, all these aches and pains don't help my attitude in that arena. Anyway. I gotta jet....

Oh, one more thing I thought I'd put up. A picture of my current passion. I have decided to get myself back into respectible playing shape on the flute, and pick up where I left off 20+ years ago. Pictured here are my Artley and Gemeinhardt B foot flutes, and my alto flute (way in the back). Pretty, huh? You might ask me why I have three, but I don't have that kinda time this morning.


Wonder if I'll know when I have surpssed my former abilities and moved into new territory. I look at some of the music that is marked for playing in my old books, and it is inconceivable to me that I played well enough to play them - but I must have. At least enough to mark them up. Oh well...didn't I say I was going? Yea...I've goto to make a field test of the air in my bike tires before I head out. I can and will take the pump with me, but really don't want to just hop out of the car and start pumpin' up the tires.....

No comments: