Monday, May 19, 2008

Happiness is a PurpleLappy

Hello! It's been a long time since I put anything at all out on the Internet. The deeper I get into my job, the more cautious I become with what I put out here altogether. I have seen so much crap dug up in the name of electronic discovery, it boggles the mind. I have seen whole web pages recreated, even after their owners thought them to be safely down and inaccessible (thanks to Google's caching function). Scary, to say the least. But I really don't have anything out here that's too off the wall, so for now it stays.

My newest thing is the beautiful purple laptop that I'm typing this post on. Working in the technology field while working for a conservative company has made it necessary that I purchase my first personal computer since 1994. That's right. The last computer I purchased for myself was in 1994, and I bought the hottest thing I could get my hands on. I paid four times what I had to outlay for this one, and it came loaded with Windows 95. That's right! Windows 95. You guys remember that OS? It was a good one. Very strange in the beginning, but once you got accustomed to it, it was da bomb! :) Same holds true of Vista. I think that I bashed it prematurely and without good reason. Now, I just want to use it and learn everything I can about it because it really is cool. They (Microsoft) has put a lot of good stuff in here.

Thanks to my good friend, missy Megan-head, who just finished up a several month stint of work in Mecca (Microsoft), I have a Bill Gates signature edition of Vista (full version, baby....not a friggin' upgrade). Here's a picture that I smoothe stole from someone else's post.

So there you have it. Just a stupid post about nothing in particular with a rather uninsteresting photo of a software box. Stay tuned. I should have some more shit to say soon. Believe me, I haven't been standing still since January. Quite the opposite. I've traveled, gotten another certification for my jobbie-job, and am about to set myself up for another one. This one more spendy than all the others I have put together. And, this next one will be the richest. Certified Hacker Forensic Investigator. CHFI. Oh yeah....

Later gator!

No comments: