Friday, August 24, 2007

Charlotte's Web, Witches in the Stix, and Happy Birthday Blogger!



This here's Charlotte! She's our newest tenant here at casa de Skelton and she is living above the doorway to and from the garage at the back. (My husband would say that she is living in the doorway of his shop - and really that's true, as one of her threads is attached to his blacksmith sign. E.B. White would be proud. :) I can't help wishing that she would spin some words into her web. Maybe she could write, "BAD ASS" or "TIME TO MOW" and we could hang out by her web and intake her wisdom.

I can't believe that blogger is 8 years old. Let's see...I only found it what, two years ago? I think it's cool to keep an Internet diary - so long as you are not stupid about it, as I believe I mentioned in another post. We live in a country that is tenuously free - that freedom can be taken at any time, really as it is only there as a matter of social compact that is solidified into laws. But solid things have a way of revealing their transitive nature at some of the most inopportune times - so just a little caution is called for.

Things have been so busy I haven't had a chance to put up a decent post in a while. But the husband is sitting here next to me watching "New Hope" on his laptop, and I am refusing to study tonight (I gotta at least have my Friday night, man...at least until the test gets a bit closer)

So I got a few pictures from our camporee adventure at the first of August that I thought I would share here. A little segment I like to call....Witches in the Stix. Dun dun duuuuuuuuun.

I don't even know what I was thinkin' when I laid these sticks out and took a picture of them. Don't remember that at all. There's evidence of why in the next shot.

This second one is of me sitting at one of the tables at our campsite copying in my big book. Notice the empty bottle of Ameretto sitting in front of me. Possibly something to do with my lack of memory of the finer points and details of the camping trip. It was nice to be outside and be working on my book. I do remember that much.


This next one is of my little man using our "La Douche de Camp" or... Camp Shower. :) Instead of calling each other douche bags now, we just call each other "camp showers." Works for me. I think he probably wishes the sun had come out for just a while and warmed that water. Bless his heart. I, on the other hand, went up the hill with my tokens from Miss Lori and got myself a hot shower in the pay-can.



I've got more pictures from camping, but they are of peeps I don't know how they would feel about being put up on the Internet. Remember that minimal level of care thing?

But here's one more thing I can show you before the Xanax kicks in....Princess Skwiik. Yes, it's Skwiik. Her name has stuck but the spelling has changed. She's been named with the beloved wii in mind. ;) And here she is....what a little doll.



And that's about it for tonight. Not too verbose, but lots of pics. I need to blog more because I need to get in the writing practice in anticipation of my CLA/CP exam in November. I'm discovering that mental skills, like physical skills, get very, very rusty from lack of use. But I'm putting on the old Navel Jelly and hoping ot knock it back down to shiny steel. :)

Now I'm gonna go check out the new tools on blogger. I think it's really cool that they have pivoted information on the profiles. I've always liked this venue soooooo much better than My Space. I still keep a page out there because I still need to keep an eye on my daughter and make sure she isn't trying to peddle herself on the Internet or anything like that, but Blogger is my fav. Nighty Night!

No comments: