Saturday, February 21, 2009

Down With Zune Up with IRiver Clix and "Taken" was a Bad-Ass Moobie!

Okay, so I have some nice friends...what can I say? My buddy who works at Microsoft felt sorry for me because my Zune tanked after only three weeks of service (not to mention that the stupid ass-flavored service bounced to the ground the next day and was off-line for 2 days - I haven't looked at the stupid shit since - despite the fact I'm all paid up for the next three months). Anyway, my friend brought me an iRiver Clix Gen 2 player. It's pretty cool. I know that it's not proprietary like the Zune player (stupid little bastard fuck-tard thing). Of course, I may find out that the iRiver won't work with Rhapsody, which will only serve to further disillusion me - but right now, while it's still on the charger, I'm riding high. So here's what it looks like

It got great ratings from all the gizmo-checkers, so we'll see. Of course, to be fair, so did the friggin' Zune, and where is it? Somewhere between here and the Zune service center in a Fed Ex return box that took a friggin' week to get here. So already, the Clix is ahead of it there.

I'm bummed tonight. I think it is because tomorrow is my mother-in-law's birthday and we're all going out to linner for the occassion. I always thought it was a nice occassion before. But now that my own mother is gone, it's just hard. I wish I had done more for my mother while she was around. It doesn't do any good thinking these kinds of thoughts. There really is nothing I CAN do now. Death is a pretty permanent remover of opportunity for such things. Ah...the joys of growing up Catholic and feeling that it's normal to carry around crippling stones of guilt.

So, it's probably not helping my mood that I'm listening to Elton John. Actually, he should be an inspiration to just about anyone. Check out the pics here. This one: - with the glasses that look like they are sproinging apart on his face was from about 30 years ago. That's right...30 friggin' years ago. This next one, where he's rather dapper and GQ looking is quite recent. I believe from last year.

Not only are the glasses a world better, but the man himself actually looks better than he did thirty years ago. Of course a reduced coke habit may have something to do with it if the blogs about him are to be believed. He also has the money to pay whatever it takes to keep the HGH flowin' like a fountain. Still and all - I think that a great deal of his improved countenance has to do with living long enough to navigate his way through his own psyche and emerge true to himself. Sure I was crushed when I found out that my teen-hood idol was a butt-pirate, but I've long-since made peace with that and am quite happy for Elton. Oh. Wait. Sir Elton. As a matter of fact, I think I was more pissed off at him when he married that girl in the mid-80s and not me!

We went to the movies last night and saw "Taken." It was really good even though Liam Neeson looked like someone had dipped his whole head in formaldahyde. There were lots of really cool parts to that movie, and Liam, although he always looks like a hard-luck case that just had his last dollar beaten out of him, worked quite well as a down-to-business, retired govt. spy guy. Before he got into acting, he was a forklift driver for Guiness. My little hubby person said that he would happily drive a forklift for Guiness. **grin** He probably wouldn't drive it very far. lol!

Okay, The Office is on and I think that will cheer me up pretty good.

No comments: